Hi, guys! It’s me, someone who apparently can never stick to a schedule and disappears for months at a time. But… summer’s fast approaching and I can finally relax from the stressful schedule school brings… and put myself into another one with blogging! I decided in this post I’m going to discuss what’s going on now that I’m going to be back permanently (I think…) an award and monthly goals.
MY GOALS AS A BLOGGER
I plan to do these things consistently
- – Post at least once a week (probably on weekends)
- – Have a more literature/writing-oriented blog (with some fluff posts if I have a long project)
- – Post more of my writing on the blog
- – Interact with the blogging community
- Establish the things I want to do and how/when
- (This sounds so formal like????)
- I also plan to talk about how amazing May is in every post because I love her and she’s amazing
- And I finally I plan on utilizing the word ‘things’ or the ™ symbol every post
Right now I want to
- Solidify my blog design
- Solidify all graphics/headers/sign-off styles
- Finally, start being able to read people’s posts again
- Comment and like
- Get a cute bathing suit (I know this is about blogging but honestly everyone needs at least one cute bathing suit?????)
The Sunshine Blogger Award
I want to thank Robin from Gems of Literature for nominating me based off of my really sucky book review and even though I’ve been on a hiatus. So thank you for that! If you haven’t (you probably have, though) look at his blog because he’s really nice and the stuff he writes is just so amazing???? Like it’s not even fair.
- Thank the person/persons that nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions your nominator has given you.
- Nominate 11 other people and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- List the rules and display the award.
Anyone who wants to do it because it already circulated so long ago?????
(So the questions weren’t really on the page so I decided just to do the same questions that May did… also sorry this is a month late??? Hiatus’s do that to you.)
If you could be an author, who would you be?
I would either want to be Marie Lu (queen), Leigh Bardugo or Kathleen Glasglow (read her book!!!!!!) I would want M*ggie Ste*vateur’s writing style but I mean… look at what she did to her characters *shudders*
What book(s) do you wish you wrote?
All of the above-mentioned author’s books (besides m*ggie), A Handmaid’s Tale, Fargo (it’s technically a screenplay but who cares….) and anything by George Orwell.
How fast of a reader are you?
I’m gonna drop some fancy terms on you guys but I’m actually hyperlexic (not on the spectrum though) like I got diagnosed and everything which means that I read everything abnormally fast. So if we were having a reading contest you guys would all lose.
Which book character would you totally want to meet, but fear might kill you?
I have a couple of these that I’m not going to mention on the blog because of #reasons the only hints that you get are a kid who carries 10ish (probably more) knives on him at once and a mobster’s son. I think that if I met Noah or Henry they would kill me because I love them both so much. See the thing is 99.9% of the time I don’t provoke people so I probably wouldn’t get killed.
What books have you cried over (if any)?
Every single Marie Lu book, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo, Ari and Dante and We are the Ants (also please read that).
What do you do besides reading?
Nothing because I have no life … Just kidding (mostly). I do Model UN (which I love and is amazing and some day I need to have a post just recording all of the stories I have) and I get to go to a conference for MUN this weekend and I’m really excited!!! I do tennis 5ish days a week, which I love. I also do piano and generally act irresponsibly.
How would you react if all the books suddenly disappeared from the world?
See you’d have to define what exactly a book defines as. Are fan-made spin-offs or things that I or a friend wrote considered books? Because if so I’d be kinda okay. But if the culture books created disappeared I’d be pretty sad. But I probably wouldn’t realize it because that culture had been erased. I’d probably be illiterate too.
Book-to-movie adaptions: Like or hate?
I don’t really care? I’m not a movie person and it doesn’t really bother me? (There are far more important issues in my opinion.)
What book have you been dying to read, but haven’t gotten the chance to?
Every book to ever exist? But currently, I really want to read Ari and Dante again. I’ve already read it but I want to read it again.
I also want to read the female of the species.
Would you rather get paid to read books, review books, or blog about books?
All three? Probably read books because I have no #time so I’d be sad and money less if I had to review/blog about books but I always find time to read so I’d be pretty set. But if I reviewed books I could be mean for a living so… It’s kinda a toss up….
WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT ONE OF YOU FAVORITE AUTHORS IS STANDING ACROSS THE STREET FROM YOU WHAT DO YOU DO???
Probably do nothing because I have no social skills™ but I’d go up to them and tell them I really admire their work and ask for a photo/autograph.
Thanks again to Robin for nominating me
even though I’m trash!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay so I’ve been wanting to start doing monthly goals but I haven’t posted close enough to the beginning of the month to do so before. So without further ado, here are my first monthly goals:
- Write at least one post a week
- Get to 39 (I currently have 38 but I have no self-esteem so…)
- Change my graphics/blog design at least once.
- Continue my camp nano story
- Develop my characters and story
- Update all my NaPoWriMo’s onto the page
- ACTUALLY WRITE
- Don’t do all of my homework during advisory
- Don’t be so weird in MUN
- Try to get my tennis hours up to 10 instead of 8
- DON’T PROCRASTINATE
- Get actual sleep
- be a nicer person
- Take care of my face
- Don’t get so anxious
- Talk about my feelings.
- Start my BuJo up again
- Talk to people when they’re upsetting you!!!!
Thanks for actually reading this and fingers crossed I can get back on the blogging track!
Do you have any goals for this month? What extracurriculars do you do? Is school this bad for you guys? Talk to me!