Me: Writes one post all month.
Also me: Let me finish this draft for the 30th post I’ve written this month but will never post.
For the first time ever, I’m actually doing a monthly wrap-up! This honestly is just going to make me feel sad but whatever, I can deal.
I’m not going to sadly stare out my window as I realize how little I’ve accomplished.
I’m also not going to acknowledge that this is in June, not May.
I’ve read a decent amount of books this month and I totally track what I’m reading……. But most of the books that I really enjoyed (and remember reading) I read during the last week of May – at an airport. I went on a trip to Philly and North Carolina (which was pretty awesome) and we got stranded in an airport for like five hours so I decided that it would be a great time to get some of my tbr done *finger guns* But unfortunately most of them also emotionally destroyed me so……..
(Also I totally won’t do mini-reviews for all of them, that would be completely ridiculous…..)
TEETH – BY HANNAH MOSCOWITZ
I’m still crying? This is a fairy tale retelling and to be completely honest it will break your heart.Why can’t everyone just be happy???
THE SONG OF ACHILLES BY MADELINE MILLER
Apparently I’m really into retellings because this is a retelling of the greek myth of Achilles. Beautiful writing and I would die (wink wink) for Patroclus
BY EMILY M. DANFORTH
So many beautiful, amazing characters (besides Coley) and my only problem was that the ending seemed like there was more, but it was just chopped off?
BY JENNY HAN
Good book but I didn’t really get into the story (or empathize with Lara Jean at all???)
The only redeeming quality about this book was the fact that it had John Ambrose McClaren III.
(Also two extra notes 1. Check out Scribd because it’s amazing and I finally started using goodreads yay!)
TBR I’m most excited to read in June:
Ha ha, what even is blogging? Or having high quality posts posted often? I certainly wouldn’t know.
My favorite post this month was probably this one:
Not because it’s the only one posted in May?? What that would be crazy…..
Which are all pretty decent considering I had one post
Posts I enjoyed:
- IT WAS MAY’S HALF BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY ALMOST BEING 14 !!!!!!
- Violet posted which was pretty nice (but to be fair I can’t shame her…)
- Aris had a great summer tbr (all of which I immediately put onto my own tbr)
- Sarah participated in a book tour (and I really want to read the book now!)
- Mahriya had a really nice post about book buying (and a great quiz!!! quizzes are so cool….)
- Robin has amazing poetry (and is also like the nicest human being ever so????)
Hopefully in June I’ll actually post……
- I actually have characters for my novel for a pretty great writing contest/camp nano!!!!! AND THEY HAVE NAMES
- I’ve started my outline and I sort of know the plot !! What’s up!!!!
- Started formatting a post to complain about writing because i’m that #cool
- ummmmmm I went on a trip to NC and Philly which was pretty cool???
- Finals actually killed me, rip @ myself
- I got to hang out with my friends which was cool !!
- SCHOOL ENDED which was pretty nice
- And I guess I just sat on my couch a lot?????
(Which I hopefully accomplished)
Red text equals failed goals and green means accomplished goals
Write at least one post a week
- Yeah right past self…..
Get to 39 followers (I currently have 38 but I have no self-esteem so…)
- YAY I ACTUALLY DID SOMETHING!!!! (I currently have 51, what’s up past self?)
Change my graphics/blog design at least once.
- Haha…. no
Continue my camp nano story
- YAY! I did this, I wrote quite a few pages actually 🙂
Develop my characters and story
- There’s actually a plot now! (Or I’ve realized it’s going to be character driven…) and all the characters have names now !! And that’s what I call success !!
Update all my NaPoWriMo’s onto the page
- Yeah no, but they aren’t that great? So I don’t even know if I will put them all 😦
- DONE!!!!! I feel like an accomplished writer now….
Don’t do all of my homework during advisory
- I’m so problematic…… I just get distracted a lot and then forget to do my homework……
Don’t be so weird in MUN
- I was still weird but I did a good job at my conference so everyone forgave me !!
Try to get my tennis hours up to 10 instead of 8
- I did but towards the end of the month because I traveled and school I wasn’t able to play at all 😦
- This is an actual character flaw of mine??? I guarantee you I’ll finish my tbr before I stop procrastinating…..
Get actual sleep
- Ummm…. sort of??? I actually started taking new anxiety supplements that made me really sleepy so I slept a lot (even when I didn’t want to sleep..)
Be a nicer person
- I feel like I’ve tried to be kinder and I think I’ve succeeded… I still have a lot I can always improve on though.
Take care of my face
- I got a face scrubber thing and I use it !! And my face actually doesn’t look like trash (for once in my life)
Don’t get so anxious
- Hahhhha. But to be fair I took a new supplement for like two weeks which made me not anxious, so I guess I succeeded???
Talk about my feelings.
- Yeah…. um……. I told my friend that I thought they were super nice??? Does that count???
Start my BuJo up again
- I haven’t had time 😥 My curse 😦
Talk to people when they’re upsetting you!!!!
- Yeahhh…. um….. I totally didn’t lose two friends this month because of this…. I definitely share my emotions all the time with my friends.
GOALS FOR JUNE
- READ !!!!
- Go to the library at least once a week
- Write reviews write after I read
- Keep my goodreads updated
- Stop reading emo contemporary books??? (#ineedtostop, mostly for my own mental health though !!)
- Get at least 2 chapters done
- Get half of the outline done
- Get someone to beta for me
- WRITE SOME NICE POETRY
- Make more blog friends 🙂
- Try to get a post out every two weeks at least
- WRITE !! IN !! ADVANCE !!
- Try to have more quality things
- Start a series maybe????
- Bujo more
- Get together with friends
- Don’t be a sad ball of teenage angst, TALK TO PEOPLE
- Try to mend things with people you’re currently angry at
- LET THINGS GO
And that was all for May (which was very hectic in my opinion) I’m glad I accomplished (some of) my goals and I hope I can do a better job of staying on track in June (which we are technically already in. But still.)
Are you as awkward as I am? How do you like to manage your goals (and stress) What are some of your summer tbr (and plans???)